The village of Deshler is hoping to enhance their park-system, with two grant applications that were approved by council Monday night. The first is being submitted through the Ohio Nature Works program, in a request for $20,000 for playground equipment. This would be a 75% grant if approved, with Deshler picking-up the remaining 25%. The other grant project is a $50,000 request for money to tear down a shelterhouse in the village park, and to construct a new building. That is a 50-50 match.
Deshler Council reports the former Morrow building on Main Street has now been torn-down and the property cleaned-up. That space will be turned into a park or gathering spot in the community.
The engineering work for Deshler’s sewer lagoon project was approved at $200,000. And Deshler Council has announced they are re-bidding the Morrow home and property on Lind Street. A minimum bid of $1,500 is required by May 13th for that parcel and structure.