A house fire at county roads 3 and L sent the McClure and Malinta fire departments to battle flames around this morning. A passerby noticed the fire inside the two-story structure. The fire was contained to the living room, where it ignited; but there was heavy smoke and heat damage throughout the house, which is owned by Sandra Businger. Damage is estimated at over $20,000; and there were about 30 volunteers that responded to the scene. A pet cat perished in the fire. McClure fire chief Joel Ward reports, it’s likely the blaze was caused by a lightning strike, or some kind of electrical problem.